Last week I posted about fixing the above problem on the Xfinity TV site. I must say that Comcast have been very attentive to this issue: I’ve gotten several tweets and 2 calls about it from Care Specialists. The most recent one asked me about the Android issue, which I was aware of but hadn’t really bothered to resolve since I don’t use the app for remote control. A previous support email had suggested I reinstall the app as a fix, but given the time it takes to set the app up in the first place, I didn’t want to do that.
At the request of the Specialist who called most recently, though, I tried resetting the cable box controls in the Android app as I did on the website, with total success. As before, below are the steps:
- Open the Xfinity Android app
- Tap your Android device’s Menu button
- Click on Settings:
- On the screen that follows, click TV Names:
- On the screen that follows, click on the problematic TV (attached to a cable box):
- On the screen that follows, uncheck the Active box:
- Tap your Android device’s Back button. This saves the new Active setting and takes you back to the screen in Step 5 above
- Click on the problematic TV again
- On the screen that follows, check the Active box
- Tap your Android device’s Back button. This saves the new Active setting and takes you back to the screen in Steps 5 and 7 above. At this point remote control via the Android app should be working for that particular TV. Click the Test button visible in Step 6 above to verify this
- Repeat Steps 5 – 10 for each problematic TV (attached to a cable box)
Thanks to Comcast Executive Care Specialist Ernel Asuncion for the call on Tuesday and to Comcast for ensuring that all aspects of this issue are taken care of.