This troubleshooting post assumes the following:
- You’re on Windows (8.1+ Pro 64-bit).
- You’re using STAR-CCM+ 8.06+.
- STAR-CCM+ is using a locally stored license.dat file.
- STAR-CCM+ and FlexLM were installed using default settings for file paths, ports, etc.
- The CDLMD_LICENSE_FILE Environment Variable points to 1999@YourPCHostname.
- The CD-adapco_License_server service is running.
but you’re still getting the error:
“Failed to get all licenses needed for this job. Asked for 1 licenses of ccmpsuite”
when trying to start a new simulation.
The “ccmpsuite” part of the error message is important, because it tells you the type of license you requested but failed to get. Ergo, you’ll need to take a look at your license file to see what kind of license you have in the first place.
- Open C:\Users\YourUsername\license.dat in any text editor.
- CTRL + F the file for “ccmp.” More than likely you’ll find the only result is a reference to “ccmppower” and not “ccmpsuite.” This means you have a Power Session license.
- Return to STAR-CCM+ and open the new simulation menu again.
- Under License, check Power Session as shown below:
- Click OK. You should be greeted with a successful new simulation creation output: