The following method:
- worked on a stock rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) running Android Lollipop.
- worked when error code: 963/error code: 907 was being thrown for updating apps installed to the SD card.
If you’re getting the above error, try these steps:
- Uninstall updates to the Play Store app. This will replace the app with the stock version that shipped with your current ROM.
- Update problematic apps in the Play Store ASAP after, before it automatically updates.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 throughout the following days if the error codes reappear due to the Play Store app automatically updating itself. After several (up to 5 to 7) days, the error codes should go away in the updated Play Store app.