Nvidia takes poor documentation to the next level: incorrect documentation.
Nvidia’s instructions for the original Shield are wrong for the K1 and the support forum’s instructions are incomplete, so here’s how you do it:
- Shut the K1 down.
- While pressing and holding the Volume Down key, press and release the Power key. This will put the K1 into fastboot mode with several options on the screen.
- Using the Volume Down (or Volume Up if you missed it), scroll down to the Recovery mode option.
- Press the Power key to select the Recovery mode option. The K1 will show the Nvidia boot logo and then a screen with an Android laying on its back and the the text no command below it.
- While pressing and holding the Power button down, press and release Volume Up.
- A Recovery mode screen will appear with Wipe cache as one of the options. Follow the instructions on the screen to select and engage it.
Supported API: 3will appear.Wiping (and formatting) the cache partition takes much longer on the K1 than it does on other devices, so be patient if nothing seems to be happening. When the above is complete, the Recovery mode screen will reappear.
- Select the Reboot option to get back to Android.